Mission StatementTo support the Innovation momentum in the MENA region a new pan Arab initiative is created.
Middle East Business Angel Network(MBAN) modelled on the European Business Angel Network (EBAN) with the purpose of bringing together all stakeholders in the start-up ecosystem, including limited partners; venture capital, seed, and angel investors; incubators; legal, accounting, and support functions; as well as the entrepreneurs.
The Goals of the MBAN1 - Promote contact between entrepreneurs and investors across the region.
2 - Promote an entrepreneurial culture in the region that encourages risk-taking, acceptance of failure, and celebrates business success.
3 - Train, advocate and support potential business Angels and provide a platform for cooperation.
4 - Remove bureaucratic and legal obstacles to entrepreneurship and angel investment.
5 - Promote investments in SMEs as means to support positive economic and social impact across MENA.
MBAN FocusMBAN will be focusing on improving the deal-flow and increasing the number of start-ups that are viable to get follow-up funding. In addition we will approach potential business angels to invest in these companies. Having a bigger deal-flow of viable startups in an organized way will stimulate a healthy investment environment and attracts business angels.
1. MBAN shall take the lead in the following actions:Create awareness on Angel investing and the advantages of business angel networks and promote rolemodel sand success stories through:
2. Support the creation and the management of new BAN in the MENA countries (awareness, technical assistance, training, etc.)
3. Advocate a favorable framework for private early stage financing in MENA countries.
4. Create the first MENA inclusive fund (MENA), Innovation fund, through the participation of MBAN members, leading local regional and international institution and EBAN members. The total fund size will be 150 million Dollars.
- Invest in ventures that poised to exploit large opportunities at the tipping point before they go mainstream.
- Build a portfolio of early stage (BetaStage) and growth startups founded by MENA entrepreneurs.
- The accelerating adoption of mobile technology is well-known, but the growing pervasiveness is astounding, when allied to the “Internet of Things”, a new mobile revolution is underway.
- These ventures on the tipping point are creating next-gen products & services for mobile devices, real-world sensors, and mobile cloud infrastructure.
We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website.
You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings.
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.